Super Capacitor Battery Use Precautions
1. Supercapacitors have a fixed polarity. The polarity should be confirmed before use.
2. The supercapacitor should be used at the nominal voltage: when the capacitor voltage exceeds the nominal voltage, the electrolyte will be decomposed, and the capacitor will heat up, the capacity will decrease, and the internal resistance will increase, and the life will be shortened. In some cases, Can cause capacitor performance to collapse.
3. Supercapacitors should not be used in high-frequency charging and discharging circuits. High-frequency rapid charging and discharging will cause internal heating of capacitors, capacity attenuation, internal resistance increase, and in some cases, capacitor performance will collapse.
4. After installing the supercapacitor, do not forcibly tilt or twist the capacitor, which will cause the capacitor leads to loosen, resulting in performance degradation.
5. Avoid overheating the capacitor during the soldering process: If the capacitor is overheated during soldering, the service life of the capacitor will be reduced. For example, if a printed circuit board with a thickness of 1.6 mm is used, the soldering process should be 260 °C, time is not More than 5s.
6. When capacitors are used in series: When supercapacitors are used in series, there is a voltage equalization problem between the cells. A simple series connection may cause overvoltage of one or several individual capacitors, thereby damaging these capacitors and affecting the overall performance. . In addition, the supercapacitor is in the DC system of the transformer substation, the tax control machine, the tax control cash register, and the shaking flashlight (without changing the battery, it can be illuminated for 5 minutes by shaking for 30 seconds; the irradiation distance is 1 meter) There are also many applications for smart meter types (such as smart water meters and gas meters) and computer UPS power supplies.