What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Lithium Batteries
The main advantages of lithium batteries
1. the energy is higher. With high storage energy density, it has reached 460-600Wh/kg, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries.
2. the service life is long, the service life can reach more than 6 years, the battery 1C (100%DOD) of the lithium iron phosphate as the positive pole is charged and discharged, and it can be used for 10000 times.
The 3. rated voltage (3.7V or 3.2V) is equal to the series voltage of 3 Ni Cd or Ni MH battery, which is easy to make up of the battery power unit. The lithium battery can adjust the voltage to 3.0V by a new type of lithium battery voltage regulator to suit the use of small electrical appliances.
4. have high power bearing capacity, of which the electric vehicle with the iron phosphate lithium lithium ion battery can reach the capacity of 15-30C charge and discharge, easy to start and accelerate the high strength;
5. self discharge rate is very low, which is one of the most prominent advantages of the battery. It can generally be less than 1%/ months, less than 1/20 of Ni MH battery.
6. light weight, 1/6-1/5 of the same volume and weight of lead acid products.
7. high temperature and low temperature adaptability, it can be used in the environment of -20 C --60 C, and can be used in the environment of -45 C.
8. green environmental protection, regardless of production, use and scrap, does not contain or produce any toxic and harmful heavy metals and substances such as lead, mercury and cadmium.
9. production basically does not consume water, it is very advantageous to our country that lacks water.
Disadvantages of lithium battery:
1. lithium primary batteries all have poor safety, and poor batteries are at risk of explosion.
2. lithium cobalt oxide lithium ion battery can not discharge at high current, which is expensive and safe.
3. the lithium ion battery needs to protect the circuit to prevent the battery from being overcharged and overdischarged.
4. the production requirements are high and the cost is high.
5. the use conditions are limited, and the danger of using high and low temperature is great.
Zhejiang Godsend Power Technology CO.,LTD
Add：No.268,Kangsheng Road, Qiandaohu Town, Chun’an County, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China